28 November 2011

Letter to Claire

Claire and Kent at the Sock Hop in Manhattan, KS
 I wrote my sister, Claire a letter and I thought it was blog-worthy and really documented our day, so I will type it down. 
(p.s. Claire, don't read this until you get your letter)

"Kent and I were doing laundry today (at his place because it's free for me because he has to buy this $85 card... so dumb, so I use it too to use it up before the semester ends) when I received a phone call from Brother Rarick asking if he could pick us up (awesome - no car, remember?) and take us (w/ everyone) to their church gym to play soccer/bball/frisbee, etc. (double awesome). So he picked us up at 3pm and we played soccer then all the kids (minus nora) played in the nursery for like 2 hours while Kent and Tim played bball with old men. It was kent's first time since broken fingers, so he loved it. The Rarick's invited us to dinner (yummy burritos). We ate, played hullaballoo, and then we all watched the GRINCH while Jodi sewed something cool. I played with Nora mostly :)
Then something fabulous awesome happened. Jodi gave me her keys to their Honda thing and said, "drive it home and then come to church tomorrow" It was so awesome feeling so trusted. With their car.We asked if we could get some groceries too, so we went to Walmart. While we were in the ice cream section, Jodi walks up! It was weird/funny because we had her car. Don't worry, we said a prayer before we left and no accidents! She was getting ice cream to help her write her talk (I'm guessing) because she hadn't written it yet. It's awesome because she says she is the worst procrastinator, and so am I!"

The end for the letter.

Oh, but I will say this from the letter, "Update me on yo life, girl! Love you, Anna"
(You can read that, Claire)

We made it to church the next day RIGHT on time. We were a little late because we snooozed our alarms. But we sat with the kiddos and were edified from their talks. Carter gave a talk in Primary, so we went to his too. He has such a testimony! and only 8 years old! I was never that focused or in tune with the Spirit at that age. 
Kent and I talked about how the family ward was a nice change from being in a singles ward. It seems like everyone is in the same boat, going to the same school, attending the same classes.... while a family ward has so much variety and experience waiting to be heard, shared, taught and practiced! It was a wonderful Sabbath. 
The Raricks let us take their car again because we went for dinner again! They are so wonderful and kind to us. We skyped my family after homemade lasagna and homemade lemon bars. When we are older (not saying they are old) but we want to do things like have college students over and let them borrow our car for a night and watch movies and play games with them. It is such a wonderful feeling being in a home with a family every once in a while. Because you tend to miss family. a lot. (especially the first semester).

**************************************************

Well, no news here but I didn't do much of my homework over the break. I didn't even do the stuff due tomorrow! What was I thinking?? I have to memorize paragraph number 6 of "The Family: A Proclamation to the World" by 2pm tomorrow. Can I do it? I might start tonight...ehh.

Gotta cram it all in because I leave for home (and the semester is over) in 3 weeks!! 

Love you Claire!
This is sad that this is the only picture I have of us on my computer, photoshoot when I get home??


p.s. Kent dribbled a basket ball through my legs and went to go get it and slammed his forehead onto my nose. ow. Not broken, but ow.
p.p.s. I bought business cards for new photog business!! stay tuned..

So many words in this post. Probably my longest word one ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment