16 May 2012

together.

Dreams are such an incredible thing. Our mind has the capacity to create a story while our bodies are at rest. Last night was one of the coolest dreams I've ever experienced!

///Kent and I were in a dance competition (I'm guessing in Rexburg where we go to school) in a ballroom and had our fellow members of our team. I was on the sidelines video taping for 2 girls that were dancing at the moment. I didn't do so well at it because Kent leaned over and gave me a kiss, and I got distracted. :)

Flashforward to a different scene. Kent and I are on a couch looking out of our open window at the town from our new apartment. The air was cold and different as we watched buildings start to fall. There was an earthquake happening and I remember thinking about my natural disasters class and how we had learned to get out of a building if there is an earthquake. As Kent was leaving out the door, I stop to think of what I needed to grab. All I remember from the pile of things was an unfinished letter, scriptures, and I was in the process of finding my backpack to take my computer because it had all the pictures on it. At that moment the wall of our apartment came down and crushed me.

I woke up (still in my dream) to my friend Cortney sitting on the other side of the room in her bed. I was confused because she looked different and something huge had just happened but I couldn't remember what it was. I asked, "Was there an earthquake?" She replied, "No, silly!" I got to my feet and tried to figure out what was going on. Outside the building I was in was a big town meeting and everyone was in line to fill out a paper guessing what year it was. No one knew what year it was or what was going on. I grabbed my piece of paper and it came to me so I wrote in all caps, "THERE WAS AN EARTHQUAKE AND IT IS 2012". I told the man, and he did not believe me. I was still in Rexburg and the town was exactly how it had been destroyed.

I proved him wrong by walking by myself over to our apartment where everything was exactly how it was destroyed. Even the people were there. I saw myself lying on the ground under the wall that had collapsed. It hit me that I didn't know where Kent was (now) as I saw him (there) lying on top of me trying to protect me from the wall.

I walked back with the evidence and so scared and alone because I didn't know where Kent was.///

There are so many lessons I learned after waking up and thinking about what I had just dreamed about. I realized the importance of love and a relationship and how sacrifice for the other is necessary. I realized how material "things" are fleeting and short-lived because you cannot take them when you leave this life. I realized that I cannot live without Kent and that I miss him too much.

Kind of a weird dream, but I never want to take this guy for granted.


Please watch this uplifting video now:

No comments:

Post a Comment