26 May 2012

3:28 a.m.

I can't sleep. My lower back aches, my bed is way too hard and my room is 95 degrees.

While laying there in annoyance and thinking, I remembered a Mormon message that has way more meaning to me than it did here.


Now I have a totally different perspective on it. I NEED to show more love to my Kent. We are together on this forever and to make life full and enjoyable, expressions of love are necessary. 
I've been caught up in life and wedding stuff that I haven't been able to really focus when we skype or when he calls. I can barely send a text message back to him on time. It takes me forever because I'm too lazy to send one back. Well! Not anymore! I'm going to try a little harder to be a little better and we will see where it takes me.

I was reading a blog a while back about suggestions to some newlyweds and here were the comments I really liked:

"All I can say is...get over the dumb things, keep the gospel the focus of your marriage, and laugh lots. :)Just take in 1 moment and remember it perfectly. It will be well worth it. Be honest with each other from the beginning, Don't ever leave when you are mad at each other ALWAYS talk things out (try not to raise your voices), Make sure you are on the same page as far as your future goes, always always pay your tithing. There have been times when it was buy groceries or pay tithing then the day after we paid our tithing a check or bonus or something would come and we would have enough for all of our needs. Take LOTS of pictures, Have a date night once a week & it doesn't have to be going out to eat or a movie every time. We like picnics up the canyon, temple & ice cream, etc. The little stuff is what means the most. Pray together, every morning or night, its the best. Also NEVER forget to have fun"

Fun is just what we'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment