31 January 2012

CRAZY Monday


I lost my computer last Friday afternoon.

We left for Utah on Friday (fun weekend post coming... just wait!), came back and I couldn't find it for the life of me. That's when I remembered when I bought sandwiches for the trip to Utah from that store behind Kent's shoulder. I put my laptop down to order/take the sandwiches home. No big deal, we will stop by the Lost and Found tomorrow morning it will be there.

Nada.

I gave them my info and then went to the store to ask if they picked up a laptop or saw one on the counter, and they didn't. We went to the custodial office, then they told me to go to the security office. Kent & I went and had to report a "theft" thing for the computer, even though I knew it couldn't be stolen - comon guys, it's BYU-Idaho.
So basically I had private detectives hired for FREE to break this case of the missing/"stolen" computer! (see picture - 2 police officers in the background behind the kid in grey). It was a crazy/eventful day. I had assignments due today and got them done WAY last minute and then I had to hunt my computer down all across campus. I like those weird moments of life where everything works out, and you know it will, you just have to do your very best and all that you can to get it done. 
My laptop is safe and sound now, and I am here blogging at 12:57am - when I am fully aware that I stink like a bonfire (FHE @the Sand Dunes) and I'm tired and I have a 7:45am class tomorrow morning. Oh wait, every morning besides good ol' Friday. 

After work, I went home to meet Kent to have a snack before Family Home Evening. On my way I saw a man whistling and taking out the garbage - thought nothing of it and kept going along to my home. Kent sneaks up behind me and yells, "BLAAA!" and makes me scream so loud. We laughed about it for like 5 minutes. Turns out the guy taking out the trash asked Kent if he could help, and yep, he sure did. (I was TOTALLY distracted).
After laughing and hugging because we hadn't seen each other for FOUR WHOLE HOURS, I got the mail and noticed a package for me from my wonderful Granny :) She has been so gracious and supportive with my journey to college away from home. Every holiday I have received a "holiday package" of goodies celebrating that holiday. Kent and I opened a valentines day one today! It is so cute and the decorations she sends add so much love and happiness to our apartment. I can't wait to do this to my children/grandchildren. It totally makes my day and reminds me that I have grandparents that think about me and love me!

I was in the Spori lab until 11:10pm tonight finishing my assignment. Kent was such a sweetie and came with me after FHE to do his homework right next to me and I just couldn't help but stare at him just because how wonderful he is to me and others and how much fun we have together!
I love my man.

have an awesome Tuesday! I will post photos from the weekend soon. PS I GOT A DRESS! And Kent and I made a budget! The Wedding is COMING TOGETHER!! It's a miracle and so fun. Can't wait to show you.
xox anna

1 comment: