27 July 2011

Dusty Blog

{ summer work }


Summer has taken over and I have not been very good at blogging! Okay, so my current project is switching rooms with Claire, my younger sister. We started with the closet which was good. I've been holding on to a LOT of random things that need to be given away/thrown away. I found a box with all these neat quotes and church stuff. I feel guilty throwing them away, so I'll just blog about them! It's a win win if you ask me. Type up quotes = more blogging! :) 

The first one was probably an email I got when I was 12 and HAD to keep it. They are just suggestions on how to live a good life.

Health:
Drink plenty of Water - I agree with this
Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar - my grandpa told me the same thing
Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants - carrrrbbbss
Make time to pray - all the time
Live with Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy
Read more books than you did the previous year
Play more games
Sit in silence for at least 10 min each day - ponder
Sleep for 7 hrs. - AND THAT'S IT (ha I like my sleep)
Take a 10-30 minutes' walk daily. And while you walk, smile :)

Personality:
Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
Don't have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest you energy in the positive present moment.
Don't overdo. Keep your limits.
Don't waist your precious energy on gossip.
Dream more while you are awake.
Envy is a wast of time. You already have all you need.
Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. that will ruin your present Happiness.
Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
no one is in charge of your happiness except you.
Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade a way like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
Smile and laugh more.
You don't win every argument. Agree to disagree

Society:
Call your family often - yay skype
Each day give something good to others.
Forgive - let it go!
Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6
Try to make at least 3 people smile each day.
What other people think of you is none of your business.
Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. your friends will. Stay in touch.

Life:
Do the right thing (even when others arn't looking)
Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful, or joyful.
however good or bad a situaion is, it will change.
No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up.
The best is yet to come
When you awake alive in the morning, thank Heavenly Father for it.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment