20 December 2011

My Adventure Home

I have made it home! I know this post will have so many words, it's kind of overwhelming so I have been putting it off. But such a fun story - so i must blog.

- 12/17/2011 - 

My room right before I left


2am Kent dropped me off at the bus. We said our goodbyes, I teared a little but we will see each other in 14 days :) I sat next to this kid who lived in Lawrence, KS for 4 years and so we talked about Kansas weather and our families and stuff. The lights were off and after about half an hour of driving and quietness I was gone. Woke up occasionally because of the uncomfortable position I was in and because my nose itched like crazy! I have no idea why.. it was so weird. The drive felt so short! I woke up for real (to fix my contacts) and we were there at the airport! So quick! 

Checking in was difficult. The kiosk wouldn't give me my tickets, so I went to the help desk and it took a while. He asked me, "Did we change your flight?" me, "yes" (from 12pm to 8am thank you very much!) and then he pushed some buttons and gave me my tickets.
I checked one bag and it only weighed 34lbs.! That is so impressive for me!! 
Drank some chocolate milk while I waited for them to seat us and I couldn't figure out why my ticket said "row 2" and I didn't understand which zone i was in.. so I asked the lady, and she said, "Oh! go right on in! We were waiting for you!"

Guess who got first class?? 

I couldn't believe this. I sat down and asked the guy next to me why this happened. We figured that it was to pay me back for the flight change - Thank you Delta! I documented all I could  (I slept most of the ride).


Cute bottled water was sitting there for us! My awesome ticket. 


I figured my window should have been cleaner..







I had fun, and probably annoyed the guy next to me. They gave me a banana! :)
  

I made it home at 6pm and it was so good to see my whole family there. We went to see the temple in Kansas City, and then went to dinner at the cracker barrel. I drove home and then surprised Kiva in the backyard - it was so fun. She is sleeping right next to me now. Good to be home! 
Not excited about my dentist appointment tomorrow. Kent has a doctor's apointment at the same time - awesome. and then goes to a basket ball game!
I will blog more later.
Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment